- An abnormal or heavy menstrual flow.
- Absence of menstruation, i.e. menstruation has never occurred or has occurred or stopped abruptly after a few years.
- Scantly menstruation
- Irregular menstrual periods; these may be due to distress, or to illness, or to uterine or hormonal problems.
Female Menstrual Hygiene
- Daily bath with luke warm water .
- Menstrual fluid gives distinctive odour when comes in contact with air
- Washing of genital region daily with mild soap & luke warm water.
- Diet should contain sufficient food & vegetable to prevent constipation .
- Sanitary napkins or tampons should be used to absorb menstrual flow.
- From the on set of menstrual day it is advise to keep spare napkin.