COMMON CAUSES OF MARITAL CONFLICTS
- Misunderstandings during the marriage
- Irresponsible parents
- Troublesome in laws
- Suspicious spouse
- Extra marital relationship
- Difference in religion/caste
- Difference in behaviour
- Over Expectations.
- Mental illness
- Financial problems
- Sexual dysfunction
- Married because horoscopes matched well.
- Food habits
- Hosts of other things.
Guidelines to Resolve the conflicts.
- I am O.K. you are O.K. attitude
- Forgive and forget
- Never dig the past.
- Let conflict not last for long.
- Do not involve/ blame parents.
- Do not quarrel in the presence of others.
- Difference of opinion is normal . Do not blame others.
- Man should never pass any adverse remark about the character of woman; and woman about the masculinity or potency of man.
Improper Ways of Resolving Conflicts
- Not to be on talking terms.
- Going to parents home
- Using others as messengers
- Getting addicted to alcohol or substance abuse
- Battering the spouse
- All these are improper and immature ways.
Meet the Marriage counselor at the Earliest
- Marital conflict is like a three legged race. When there is a conflict, both are hurt.
- When the relations are thin, the faults are thick.
- There is no formula for successful and happy marriage.
- A happy marriage is the reward of a great deal of efforts.
- Give to get is the Mantra for successful married life.